- Personal Data Protection Policy
Personal Data Collection
We pledge to comply with the Act in regards to collection, holding, storage, disclosure, processing and the use of your personal data and other relevant matters as defined in the Act.
- Personal contact information (name, residential home address or correspondence address, telephone number or e-mail);
- Login information;
- Demographic information (date of birth, age, etc.);
- Computerized technical information (IP address, computer operating system, web browser, etc.);
- The information filled by the customer, including but not limited to the information you fill and share to us or any other party including our social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Youtube or Twitter;
- Social media information, including but not limited to information that is a part of your profile on third-party social media sites (such as but not limited to Facebook) for which you allow the social media to share information with us; and
- Payment information, including but not limited to credit card details, names and addresses on your transaction bill.
We may collect your personal data:
- directly from you;
- when you register as a member on the Website;
- where you access and interact with the Website;
- when you communicate with our customer service, delivery partners and other service providers;
- when you place an order; and/or
- when you subscribe to our newsletter.
When you publish any form of Content or Review on the Website, you acknowledge that the Content or Review becomes available on the public domain and we are not able to control how the Content or Review will be used or processed by the public, and we shall not hold any responsibility and liability for the processing of such Content or Review by any person.
Purpose of Data Collection
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal data to us, we may use, disclose and otherwise process your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and/or for a related purpose, including without limitation:
- for all matters pertaining to the contract entered or to be entered into between you and us and/or to provide you with our services; contract implementation for our products, management after contract period, and after-sales service;
- for registration or withdrawal from NITORI membership;
- to process your requests and orders and to provide you with the customer services and information offered through our Website and which you may request;
- to process communication regarding withdrawal or damaged product;
- to deliver products that you purchase from our Website and to update you on the delivery progress and for customer support purposes;
- to personalise your online shopping experience. Information regarding your product preferences helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- to send periodic emails and newsletters with information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.; to send information to you about product launch, product announcement, service, campaign;
- to our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse and better understand our customer’s needs or to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
- for the purpose of product development, questionnaire, survey etc.;
- to monitor your compliance with the contract entered into between you and us and our policies, procedures, rules and regulations;
- to enforce our rights and remedies against you and/or any third party;
- for regulatory reporting, compliance monitoring and to conform to legal requirements;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to our international third-party service providers to include in a database compiled by us or our third-party service provider for use in order and delivery management, direct marketing of promotions, product and services we think may interest you;
- to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you. We continually strive to improve the quality and standard of service provided to you by the Website based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you may make online;
- for the purpose of record keeping in the ordinary course of our business; and
- for any purposes ancillary, relating to or in connection with the above, or the activities, dealings or transactions on the Website.
Scope of Use of Personal Data
We will only handle personal data within the required scope to achieve the purpose of use as listed above. In the event of rare and unpredicted occurrences, we shall obtain the individual’s permission first, unless it is exempted by the Act.
Consent and Withdrawal
You may, write in to us to withdraw your consent to providing your personal data to us. We shall take the necessary steps to cease processing your personal data, destroy or delete the information we have stored with us, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you within thirty (30) days from the receipt of said notice, unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory, accounting or other business requirements.
You may also decline to provide us with your personal data by notifying us prior to using this Website and/or our products and services. Do take note that if you choose not to provide us with any relevant personal data as required for the usage of this Website, this may limit your ability to use certain features of the Website and its services, or we might not be able to adequately deliver our services to you.
The personal data collected by us for communicating with you, for the purposes of marketing, promoting and driving engagement in respect of our products and services and third-party products and services which may be of interest to you based on your interaction with us. These communication methods may be in the form of postal mails, e-mails, text messages, communication via social media channels, newsletters, brochures or any other form of printed or digital communication. You may choose to stop receiving or change the frequency of our communication with you at any time you deem necessary. If you do not want to receive e-mails or any form of notifications from us, please update your preferences under your ‘Account Details’.
Access, Correction and Accuracy of Personal Data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete, and up to date. To assist us in doing this, please provide us with the correct information and inform us if your details change. You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us about you. You can access and correct your personal information under “My Account”. Alternatively, you may update them at any time by emailing us at .
Retention of Personal Data
We will take necessary and appropriate actions for security control purposes to protect personal data from unauthorized access, forgery, leakage, loss, or damage to personal data. While care is taken to protect your personal data on the Website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online.
We will ensure appropriate surveillance of our employees and conduct the necessary training and education for the purpose of personal data security control.
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
We may disclose, share and transfer your personal data with mutual users as stated in the by Companies under the NITORI Group (as stated in section C of this website: https://www.nitorihd.co.jp/en/ir/governance/pip.html, hereinafter referred to as "joint users") and third parties acting on our behalf as our agent, contractor, service providers and/or professional advisors who provide us with administrative and business support services. In this regard, before disclosing your personal data to any of the foregoing party, we will ensure that the party thereto has signed a standard non-disclosure agreement to protect your personal data and not to use or disclose it without our permission.
- to our employees, agents, affiliates and associated companies;
- to any person to whom we are under an obligation to make disclosure under any applicable laws;
- to any court and/or officer of the court;
- to our auditors, legal advisers, compliance professionals and other advisers;
- to our payment gateway service providers;
- to our delivery partners; and
- to our service providers and vendors.
We may also transfer, disclose, or share your personal data with joint sponsors and promotional partners who may engage, or in some cases, transfer your personal data outside Singapore as stated below.
Transfer of Personal Data Abroad
Our information technology facilities and storage servers and the joint users may be in other regions outside Singapore, including but not limited to Japan. As a result of this, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to entities and/or stored in any place outside Singapore or in any country where you access our Website, including but not limited to , the US and other Asian countries (please see https://www.nitorihd.co.jp/en/division/group.html).
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access, and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by NITORI and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can NITORI personally identify you as the source of that data.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. NITORI is not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Providing Personal Data about Another Person
As a user of the Website, you represent to NITORI that in the event where you provide personal data to us about another person (e.g., ordering on behalf of another person), you are authorized to provide that information to us, and that you will inform that person who we are, how we use and disclose their information, and that they can gain access to that information.
However, we reserve the right to reject an application for access or extending the confirmation before allowing access to the permissible grounds under the Act.
Personal Data Inquiry
If you intend to access, disclose, update, or correct or limit the processing of your Personal Data, please contact our data protection officer, the contact information of which is listed in the Personal Data Inquiry section as stated below:
Personal Data Inquiry
NITORI Customer Support (Operation Hours: 09: 00 - 17: 00)